Some people might argue that most things are political.Be that as it
may, these are challenging times--- with the economic situation and the
possibility of war.Frankly,I have opinions about the present
administration, and I'll discuss them off line.My deep concern is how we
can be effective in obtaining funding for PD research.Added to the
challenge is that  too many people don't know the difference between
reproductive and therapeutic cloning.Some good suggestions have already
been made.COMAR,which is a good example, actually jammed the tel. lines
to the White House in an
attempt to get therapeutic cloning approved. To me it never seems
effective to want something unless you let your thoughts be known.That
goes for both the executive and legislative branches.It is our
government and we should let our thoughts be heard.Cutting the NIH
budget from what was suppose to be would indeed be a setback.I feel so
strongly that we have to speak up and be heard.
PD is an equal opportunity disease.It strikes
young,old,republicans,democrats,every race,
sex,creed,urban,suburban,etc.
(did I leave anybody out?}I feel so strongly that being an advocate is
the most important thing we can do.To me this intails involving friends
and relatives as well. Many members of Congress and the  public need to
be educated on the difference between reproductive and theraputic
cloning.Numbers do count.They want to be reelected.
I didn't mean to get on a soap box.It just seems energy ,that  many of
us don't have a lot of, should be used to get our message heard.

Let's be heard!!

Lorraine