I wonder if someone can help me identify the person referred to in an
article that appeared in the Jan 3rd, 2003, edition of  The Chronicle of
Higher Education.
The article is "Why Johnny Can't Write, Even Though He Went to
Princeton" by Thomas Bartlett., and the reference is "Since the
mid-1980s, Duke had used a method, developed by a now-retired English
professor, that was based on peer interaction."  There is no other
information that would help identify who this now-retired professor is,
but I would like to know. Does anyone have this piece of information
stored in a readily accessible memory cell?
(I'm inspired to ask rather than dig after the fabulous response to
Russ's question.)
Thanks, Jane Milton.