Well, that question certainly does make the run-of-the-mill e-mail more
interesting!  No, I'm sorry to say that I have not run into this in my
travels, but I am forwarding this message to some of the other people in
the faculty who teach composition, and also to the mailing list for the
Canadian Association for the Study of Language and Learning.  Does this
ring a bell with anyone?

--
Dr. Doug Brent
Associate Dean (Academic)