I live just fifty miles north of NYC.  Thank you for your offer and concern.
  My wife continues to play her sadistic games in more passive-aggressive
ways.  Ignoring my existence, making elaborate and artifial displays of
affection to those children who are "loyal" to her, forgetting to buy food I
request, not calling me to the breakfast or dinner table.  "Oh, before I
give this to the dog, do you want any of these left overs?"  She had my
daughter pull up all the bulbs in my beloved flower garden.  How I dread the
coming barren spring!  She had one son cut down 10 of my beloved Douglas
firs that I hand-planted 16 years ago.  She refuses to vacuum or clean and
then accuses me of not supervising the children properly who openly defy me
with her support.  I live amid dust, soiled paper-plates, and unwashed
dishes and cups. I and the 11 year old do our best to clean. The aide is
appaled but my wife shows not the least sign of embarrassment.  She also
drops copious clues that she is having an affair at work, grandly, openly,
and defiantly informing me that she no longer considers herself married to
me. I could go on but I think you get the idea.  Thanks for caring, David

i hope