Carol, I was planning to send a response to you concerning the terrible
treatment that you endured from your family in your house. If your
daughter-in-law had *dependency problems how did this excuse the family
that was yours? No matter what the situation, they lived in your house,
likely understanding at some level what that meant with your health
issues. I do not nor can understand how anyone can excuse abusive
behavior towards someone, as you, who deserves deep concern if not love.
It is good that you had the strength and foresight to leave before it
became worse. I feel so badly that anyone is treated as this; even a dog
would be treated better. This afternoon I read the post that David sent.
My anger is directed towards those that have mistreated you; a wife that
may have mental problems but may never be willing to accept mental
health help. Someone who is willing and does use her own children as her
weapon against someone whom she once said she loved... She can not use
the excuse that she doesn't know what she is doing can she? She is only
one of many that I have learned treat the important people in their
lives as this. I don't believe they have changed but use *stress or too
much to face* as their reasons for abuse. It is about greed, wanting
all, not just sharing. It is about meanness that has always been there,
and given an excuse is revealed. I don't know why it takes obvious
mistreatment for the authorities to step in and insist that common
decency and care be given as what you deserve as a human being? I think
that it is within the persons involved in a pwps life whether they care
or not-- whether their concern is for the other and not misdirected
towards themselves. The idea of cold doesn't only exist in temperature
does it?

Best to you both,

Audrey

I have great respect for you both. You are true examples of strength!!

Audrey