Do you know about THERAPEUTIC cloning? Not the one to duplicate
people, the one to CURE people.

Did you know that the Canadian Government is about to ban all
Therapeutic Cloning Medical Research ? Shouldn't they at least hear
that there are citizens out there waiting for a better therapy,
research, a potential Cure? Are there no Canadians listening?  No
Americans with Canadian friends? Can the Canadian government do just
whatever they want and no one gives a damn?

Read the Legislative Summary or the Full text of Bill C-13 online...
available in English et en Français... just go to Parkinson's
Resources at: http://www.geocities.com/murraycharters/  and click on
Advocacy, then Canada Advocacy...

URGENT: Please visit http://www.TherapeuticCloning.ca/

http://TherapeuticCloning.ca is available in English et en Français

Every Canadian can participate with just a few "clicks" online...

This letter is sent to the Health Minister with just three actions
on your part, go to the site, fill in your name, city, and prov. and
submit the form...

Subject: “Please amend Bill C-13 to allow therapeutic cloning”

Minister of Health
Hon. Anne McLellan
House of Commons
Ottawa, ON   K1A 0A6

Dear Health Minister,

I am writing to request support for regulated scientifically valuable
biomedical research, in the form of nuclear transplantation and
therapeutic cloning, with the potential to offer breakthrough
treatments or even a Cure, for one or more of the following
afflictions.

I'm sure you share my concern that hundreds of thousands of Canadians
suffer from debilitating illnesses and incurable diseases such as
Parkinson's, Alzheimer's, Diabetes, ALS, Multiple Sclerosis, Muscular
Dystrophy, and Spinal Cord Injury; and that our Society must bear the
enormous attendant Costs.

I'm certain that, as Health Minister, you are aware that a majority
of Canadians now support the use of cloning technologies for research
purposes, (see Ipsos-Reid 2002, Léger Marketing 2003 polls) while
remaining opposed to reproductive cloning; and that a majority of
Canadians support the use of future breakthroughs in regenerative
medicine, including nuclear transplantation and therapeutic cloning,
in order that Canadians may cure diseases and alleviate further
suffering.

I urge you to immediately consider amending the prohibitive text of
Bill C-13, where it would ban and criminalize scientifically valuable
biomedical research. The consequences of an absolute ban would
seriously restrict our medical researchers, and jeopardize eventual
therapies and potential cures for all Canadians.

I urge you to immediately call upon Parliament to amend Bill C-13, An
Act Respecting Assisted Human Reproduction and Technologies, to
ensure that therapeutic cloning and human somatic cell nuclear
transfer, are carefully regulated, legal, and viable forms of
scientific research.

Respectfully submitted,

(put your name, postal address, and email address if you have one,
here)

* * *

I also added an Action Alert! page and an Action Alerts! button to my
home page.

http://www.geocities.com/murraycharters/

comments? anyone?

I've worked hard on this.  All we ask is that someone consder the
future from our point of view too... (incurable, chronic)...

cheers ... murray

* * *
Murray Charters <[log in to unmask]>
http://www.geocities.com/murraycharters/