Dear Don,
I too was brought up in a divided home and watched my parents fight until my
mother drove my desperate and frustrated father out when I was six.  From an
early age, my fondest wish was that I would not repeat the folly of my
parents but to create a stable loving home for a wife and children as well
as for myself.  How I envy you for all those years of loving partnership and
for the joy your mutual love brought to all those around you.  It's good to
know that it does exist.  David