I take my last Sinemet CR about 1/2-1 hour before going to bed. It usually gets me through about 6 hours of sleep, before I wake up in pain, very stiff. During these dark winter mornings, I've frequently been taking my first dose of  Sinemet CR, Requip, and Eldepryl and then going back to bed. Usually after a short time, I go back to sleep for about 1/2-1 hr. When I get up the second time, I take my first Amantadine with breakfast.

I try to take a break for meditation/prayer around 3:00 in the afternoon. If I need to nap, I'll "dose off" then.

Once or twice a week, I'll have difficulty sleeping. Sometimes I'll use Children's  Benadryl.   Other nights, like tonight, after my family goes to bed, I'll catch up with e-mail. I expect that I'll need a nap tomorrow.

I had problems waking up in the middle of the night early on with PD. I think it may have been related to "depression" then. I have used SAM-e 2x 200 mg daily for some time and believe it contributes to me sleeping better now. (I take both SAM-e in the morning, either an hour before or after meals.)

Charley Countryman
52 next month, diagnosed PD 1993