Dear Sue,

Take the selegeline as early in the day as possible. And if you forget it
and it's anywhere after 11 a.m., then skip it that day.

From a been-there done-that guy (got the t-shirt & ball cap).

Regards,

Terry Bowers
-- As a young-onset patient of Parkinson's Disease,
a progressive, degenerative, as yet incurable
neurological disorder, Terry has become a tireless
Advocate, speaking and writing on behalf of
Parkinson's patients and their families and caregivers.

To invite Terry to come and speak to your group,
club or organization contact him at
[log in to unmask] or call him at 254-747-0856.
Topics include Parkinson's Awareness,
Activism and Self-Determination, Bioethics, and
Stem Cells and Their Sources.

"A cure by 2005"
Texas Parkinsonian Advocate
----- Original Message -----
From: "Sue Weiler" <[log in to unmask]>
To: <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Tuesday, February 11, 2003 9:23 PM
Subject: Re: SLEEP

Hi John,
I have the same problem.  I have to force myself to stay in bed after 5
hours almost every
night.  I take 2mg of Mirapex 3 times a day.  I also take 5 mg of
Selegiline and 6 doses a
day of 25/100 Carbo/Levo.  Don't know what's causing this insomnia but it
leaves me very sleepy at about 3PM.
Sue in Wisconsin

At 07:49 PM 2/11/2003 -0500, you wrote:
>Hi Everybody,
>     I have just levelled off at 1mg of Mirapex 3x a day, and have noticed
>that I am waking up at 3 or 4 AM, unable to get back to sleep.  In your
>experience, is this a function of the disease or the meds?  If it is the
med,
>then I'd rather shake and get a good night's sleep. As I am finding that
this
>dosage isn't really being very effective, I'd like to know if my waking is
>due to the Mirapex, before I think about upping the dosage.
>     Thanks,
>     John LA,CA

>To sign-off Parkinsn send a message to:
mailto:[log in to unmask]