Two neuro's diagnosed my husband with ALS--after 18 months of misery, we went
to another state university, MCG in Augusta, GA.  It took 10 mins. for a
resident to realize it was not ALS....it was PD.  My husband and I cried with
JOY at the new diagnosis.  PD hasn't been as bad for him because of this.  He
is 48 now--was 40 when told he had ALS...we had an eight year old daughter.

I hope they are wrong about your friend.