Eldepryl was the first med. that my neurologist prescribed for me after my  diagnoses in 1993. I now take the generic  Selegiline 2 x 5mg daily along with several other meds. I have taken Eldepryl/Selegiline continuously since 1993. My neuro. has told me in the past that he believes much of Eldepryl's value will be achieved with one 5mg daily, but recommends that I  take two/day, if it doesn't  prevent me from sleeping. My experience is that I need to take the second Eldepryl no later than noon, if I want to go to bed around 10 P.M.

I have also taken Amantadine for most of that time, except for several months when I was taking Tasmar. Amantadine doesn't seem to bother me, if I take it with meals. I have taken up to 3 Amantadine/day, but sleep better if I only take 2.

Charley 52

Date:    Sat, 22 Feb 2003 11:52:21 EST
From:    Roberta Innarella <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Eldepryl

Can anyone tell me about Eldepryl?  I've had bad reactions to Mirapex,
Amantadine, and Artane.  One book says there are no known benefits without
carbidopa/levodopa, one book says it's a good initial therapy.  My doc wants
me to take 5 mg twice daily but I have a lot of anxiety with these drugs and
want to start out with once daily.  Doc says it won't be enough, one book
says this is an option.  My doctor and one book says no food restrictions.
One book says to watch for Tyramine.  I'm so confused.  I was diagnosed in
May and currently take no other PD drugs.  Thanks for any help you can give
me.

Roberta 52/52/49