Gloria I posted one source for you to look at that I liked, but
overlooked one that is relatively new and is in my backyard near
Seattle. On its board is a former Washington State governor who also has
PD. He has made a point of making his condition public knowledge once it
was diagnosed. He was the key note speaker at one Democratic convention
which reflected the national respect he had. Now his attention has
turned to being an advocate for Parkinson's and in this his reputation
has helped PD become known to many. The NW Parkinson's Foundation is
what I would wish for all who live in the US; a place to come to as the
pwp as a family member or loved one to learn how to live with PD. It not
only offers help to the pwp, but to the family as a whole learning to
cope and to take care of their needs through counseling and connections
to groups. It is an all encompassing idea. The url I list below. One can
ask to be on their mailing list and still benefit from the ongoing
activity that the site offers.

Audrey

The Northwest Parkinson's Foundation
A 501(c)3 Organization