Welcome Laura.  Your story sounds familiar.  I m 52 and was diagnosed in May.
 Acceptance for me was difficult.  Especially with my other medical problems.
 I'm hanging in there and experimenting with different meds.  It's not the
end of the world.  You'll find a lot of support here.  You might also want to
joing the SPARKLE list.  Introduce yourself at [log in to unmask]
It's a fun list with seriousness secondary.  It lightens the load a litttle.
Hang in there.  If you want to talk, e-mail me direct at [log in to unmask]

Roberta