Gloria,
You can go on line to visit The Parkinson Institute http://www.parkinsonsinstitute.org/, or you can visit them and go to their library...they are in Sunnyvale, or you can call them at 408-542-5633 and they will mail you some information.  They also take new patients with a referral from your primary care physician or neurologist, but you need to check your insurance with them, they don't accept HMOs.  Best of luck to you.

-----Original Message-----
From: Gloria Jaramillo [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Thursday, February 27, 2003 12:29 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: <no subject>

Hello,

My name is Gloria, I'm 61 years old, the mother of two-grown children, I
have three granddaughters. I am divorced. I was just diagnosed with PD this
past month.  After many months of limping and thinking there was something
wrong with my right foot, I developed a tremor.  I told my doctor about the
tremor and he said "it was old age." I accepted this "diagnosis" for a
little while.  He finally referred me to a neurologist, who diagnosed PD,
prescribed carbidopa/levodopa, gave me some literature about PD and told me
"to come back in three months."

I am in the process of trying to find out as much as I can about PD.  Can
anybody give me some more resources, advice,...etc?

I'm in CA, in the bay area.

Thanks