I agree that the Canadian Caucus needs to make a little more noise.  I
have been complaining for the last 5 years (the entire time that I have
been living and working in Canada) about not receiving the printed CCCC
booklet PRIOR to arriving at the conference.  There is so much stuff
that I spend all my time reading and rereading it to find what sessions
I want to attend.  It's pretty daunting to try to assimilate it all
while also attending the conference, finding one's way around a city,
etc.

I have even suggested to them that they charge us an extra $5 per year
to cover the cost of sending the FULL conference materials that other
members receive--ATTW does that.  The response this year was that things
get finalized so late that we wouldn't receive them in time.  Lame
excuse.

I will gladly write my suggestions to Doug Hesse (my own former grad
director).  And I completely agree that the caucus should send a letter
to NCTE expressing our concerns.

Sandy Dorley
Conestoga College
School of Liberal Studies