Hi Roger,

The 'Bon Vivant' would like to make another suggestion. I'm a bit frustrated
with  NCTE's "lack of awareness" of Canadian presence in their organization. For
example, their 800 phone number does not work from Canada. They do not mail
advance conference programs to Canadian participants. I'm sure there are other
issues I haven't picked up on. Yet, we all pay full dues and many of us
participate in various activities. (In addition to 4 C's, I attended and
presented at AEPL last summer.) Another US organization I have dealings
with--some much smaller scale than NCTE--seem to have no problem accommodating
Canadians. This all seems quite ironic in light of NCTE's posture on
"inclusiveness." Margaret Procter and I were discussing the possibility of the
Canadian Caucus writing a letter to NCTE that brings this issue to their
attention. (Of course, now may not be the opportune moment....) What do others
think? Jean Mason

--
Prof. Jean S. Mason, PhD
UNIVERSITY OF TORONTO