Hi Jean,

I can confirm the NCTE 1-800 phone number _does_ work from Manitoba, because
I had to ask them for a refund of my fees when I realized I couldn't go to
the the Cs after all.  But perhaps some areas in Canada aren't covered.  I
received email notice of the conference advance program in January, and
accessed it via the web.  I don't _think_ they snailed any printed advance
programs this year; I vaguely remember something about that on their
website.

Not that I'm leaping to anyone's defense, but it may be that Canada isn't
being singled out here!

Best, Amanda Goldrick-Jones