Hi everyone.  May I say first of all, that I really enjoyed my first ever CCCC's
conference, and the highlight was meeting everyone at the Canadian Caucus! The
session was interesting and the dinner after the session was great and the
production of Midnight's Children was the perfect end to our stay in New York.

Jean, I take your point about not being mailed the conference programme.  I found
the web version rather difficult to navigate just in terms of going back and forth
and looking at the whole picture.  The people at the Registration Desk seemed
surprised when I said that I hadn't received a Conference package.  When I did get a
programme at the conference, I didn't get all of the accompanying flyers.  Of
particular concern was the ESL sheet which listed all the panels that would
specifically deal with ESL matters.  Consequently, there were a few of these
sessions that I missed out on simply because I didn't notice them in the
programme..  I didn't find out about the ESL information sheet until Saturday
morning when I met with the ESL committee.  I'm sure that the postage would not be
that much more than the postage of sending out the programmes all over America.
Perhaps we could take this up with the current executive?

May I make another suggestion about the Canadian Caucus?  I think we are in danger
of being "ghettoized" if we just speak to each other.  Is that the purpose of the
caucus, or should we be inviting our American counterparts to join us in our
contemplation of the current state of affairs in our Writing Programmes and our
Writing Centres?  We could have a theme  like "building composition partnerships
across boarders."  An example of a partnership might be if we explore expansion of
our activities through grant-getting  projects.  Since many Americans at the
conference seem to be doing grant-funded research, we could invite some of them  to
come to talk to us about how they conceived these projects and found funding for
them.  The panel could consist of funded researchers from Canada and from the US
talking about difficulties, differences and similarities in this process.   What do
you think?  Theresa.