If I may, I would like to make a few short general comments on group
mergers and why some groups are started.

These are personal thoughts.  I realize there is much more research that
could/should be done.  I am a very slow reader, but shall plug through
that process and gain a greater understanding as time goes on.

When an organization or group is begun or established, the organizers
start with a goal to provide certain types of services or helps.  These
often happen from personal experience with a loved one who, in dealing
with Parkinson's Disease, has been diagnosed with the disease.  They
look for ways to help learn to cope with the effects of the disease and
how to gain better care from the proper medical practitioners and
facilities.  Support groups and their locations and leader contacts are
most helpful also.

Sometimes, when trying to merge organizations together, the way in which
the different organizations govern or operate themselves conflict and
there may not be a meeting of the minds in resolving just how to run the
new organization.  Some organizations may have been set up by a trust
which can not be legally be broken.

As far as the Michael J. Fox Foundation, that is a private organization
set up by a trust fund by Michael J. Fox for Parkinson's education and
assistance.

We have no reason for ill feelings toward any of these
organizations/groups and hope for them the best in their endeavors to
help all living with Parkinson's.

We must all keep on living.  The best is yet to come.
George (husband of and care giver for Retha 42/46/50)