Dee, Ray and others:

I do not have exact numbers but I think these are a close
approximation:

In the last 12 years we have probably lost less than 100 United
States soldiers who were killed in combat situations.  (Yes some
have been killed in training exercises --- the majority of which
are due to mechanical failure of planes and helicopter --- a risk
taken anytime you train for defense of this country)

On the other hand --- between embassy bombings, hijacked planes,
and the World Trade Center attack there have been 5000 or more
American citizens and United States residents killed in
NON-combat situations.

That puts the ratio of NON-combat to combat casualties at at
least 100:1.

That puts non-combat casualties at least 5000% higher than combat
losses.

I have been in combat as an artillery officer, not by choice, but
I have been there.  I can safely say there were 1000's of
casualties caused by the "do good" peace activists at home.  We
would track the enemy down and have them in our sights.  Suddenly
we were told to halt our mission because of a new "policy" coming
out of our beloved congress due to pressure from the "peace
keepers".  While we were waiting for new orders we would be
attacked by the people we had just tracked down --- along with
the resulting casualties.

Look how many thousands of innocent Americans have died because
the conservative approach was taken in Desert Storm to make the
encounter "short and sweet" and keep casualties at a
inimum  ---- to appease the "peace keepers".  In my opinion those
deaths are on their shoulders.

Paul