Dear Ray et al,

I agree that funding is important but I also want to bring up the point of
criminalization of valid medical research.  As reported in USA Today "Since
Jan. 1, legislators in 22 states and both houses of Congress have introduced
at least 48 measures aimed at banning or otherwise regulating the cloning of
human embryos to produce children or to advance research."

So this is to let any Texans who may have missed our Call To Action an
opportunity to make a difference. Just drop me an e-mail and I'll get right
back to you with all the details.

Thank you,

Terry Bowers
-- As a young-onset patient of Parkinson's Disease,
a progressive, degenerative, as yet incurable
neurological disorder, Terry has become a tireless
Advocate, speaking and writing on behalf of
Parkinson's patients and their families and caregivers.

To invite Terry to come and speak to your group,
club or organization contact him at
[log in to unmask] or call him at 254-747-0856.
Topics include Parkinson's Awareness,
Activism and Self-Determination, Bioethics, and
Stem Cells and Their Sources.

"A cure by 2005"

CAREGIVER DISCUSSION GROUP

DATE: May 28, 2003

TIME: 10:30 a.m.

PLACE: Hammond Activities Center
Broadway Baptist Church
Broadway and Jennings
Fort Worth Texas

TERRY BOWERS
Parkinson's Action Network
Texas Grassroots Coordinator

TOPIC:  Surviving close encounters with Emergency Medical Technicians,
hospital Emergency Rooms, and our State and Federal Legislatures.

For More Information Contact:
The Parkinson's Support Group of Tarrant County
4900 Ira Street
Fort Worth TX 76117
817-275-1909

------------------------------------

Dallas Area Parkinsonism Society
Special Parkinson's Awareness Luncheon and Recognition Awards Celebration
Celebrating Parkinson's Awareness Month

DATE: April 14, 2003

TIME: 12:00 noon

PLACE: University Park United Methodist Church
4024 Caruth at Preston
Dallas TX 75225
(Tel # 214-368-1435)

KEYNOTE SPEAKER: TERRY BOWERS
Parkinson's Action Network
Texas Grassroots Coordinator

TOPIC:  Making Every Day Parkinson's Awareness Day

For More Information Contact:
Dallas Area Parkinsonism Society
3003 LBJ Freeway
Suite 125-E
Dallas TX 75234
972-620-7600
Reservations Required

----------------------------------

PARKINSON AWARENESS
The public is invited

DATE:April 21, 2003

TIME:6:00p.m.

Place: Windsor Manor Nursing Home
Highway 164 West
Groesbeck  TX  76642

SPEAKER: TERRY BOWERS
Parkinson's Action Network
Texas Grassroots Coordinator

TOPIC: Having an Awareness of Parkinson's Disease

For More Information Contact
Windsor Manor Nursing Home
Attention Jan Smith
Highway 164 West
Groesbeck TX 76667
254-729-3366

--------------------------------

PARKINSON FORUM
A monthly support group for people with Parkinson's, their families and
friends. Visitors are always welcome.

DATE: Saturday, May 3, 2003

TIME: 10:00 a.m. - 12:00 noon

PLACE:  Tracy Gee Community Center
               3599 Westcenter Drive
                (Just east of Beltway 8, between
                 Richmond Avenue and Westpark)

SPEAKER: TERRY BOWERS
Parkinson's Action Network
Texas Grassroots Coordinator

TOPIC:  Today's Parkinson's Activist- Taking an active role in Advocacy and
Awareness

For More Information Contact:
The Parkinson Foundation of Harris County
7457 Harwin, Suite 308
Houston, Texas   77036
Tel: (713) 552-0858     Fax: (713) 552-0985