Hello Jack and others interested in stem cell research,

We haven't won Bill Frist over to our cause yet!  But he isn't as close
minded as some other Senators on this subject.   Maybe he can be brought
around.  Let us hope so.

Note that in the remarks that you quote below, he fails to make the
crucial distinction between therapeutic cloning research (to develop
cures for conditions like PD) and reproductive cloning (to produce a
baby). Instead of helping the public to understand life-saving,
therapeutic cloning research, he insists on clouding the issue.

We in the Stem Cell Action Network (http://www.stemcellaction.org) are
bringing this distinction (between therapeutic and reproductive cloning)
to politicans and the public, with your help.  Please send us a portrait
(brief text and photos) that we can post on the web.  For example, you
might choose one photo taken recently and another taken in the past.

These portraits honor people with conditions like PD, and will help us
to put a human face on the need for therapeutic cloning research.
Please join the others in this group who have already sent us a
portrait.  Together we can provide the support that this research needs
- and we have every reason to believe that if this research goes ahead,
it will find cures.

Best,

Raymond Barglow, Ph.D.