Thank you to:
 George, Mary Ann, Maxine, Joan, Winnie and Nancy M Anne (Rutherford)

 for your very helpful advice re protecting Bob from hurting himself when
he falls.

I should explain that he DOES have a wheelchair and he uses this after
dinner when he is most vulnerable.  A walker is no good (we actually have
one) because he either does not use it, or he pulls it over backwards with
him! I have looked for years for a backwards-falling walker, but they do
not seem to make them for adults.

Thanks for the info Re: the PSP group on the internet .  I will make
contact again.

Yesterday I got some thick round foam insulation (with a hole up the
centre) which goes around plumbing - called aeroflex here - which I slit
lengthwise and have wrapped it around things - for instance the metal rim
of his bed, the metal legs (which he has hit), the sliding door edge (which
slides back into a hollow cavity wall). This looks ugly (being black) but
who cares if it protects from more damage.

  I don't want him in a wheelchair too soon and too permanently - besides,
there are times when it's impossible to use one - such as moving around the
bathroom, getting ready for bed, etc.

Some of the "older" list members know that we  made a video called "A
Special Home for Bob" which incorporates lots of the suggestions people
have made.  You can read about it on Kathrynne Holden's website
http://www.nutritionucanlivewith.com

 and also on the Parkinson's Western Australia website at
www.quartec.com.au/parkinsons

Joy Graham

Bob & Joy Graham
Ph & Fax (08) 9430 4730