Thanks Charles for your feedback.
 Do you have a picture of the Schwinn "Cruiser." - preferably one of
yourself on it?  Or could you direct me to a website for a photo?

  As I explained to the list earlier, I am gathering information prior to
putting in a grant application for funding for an event called "Pedal for
Parkinson's"

I am not sure that we can get the Schwinn "Cruiser" here in Perth but I
LOVE the idea of the electric propulsion system.
One of my neighbours has a petrol (gas) powered bike but I don't like the
smell of the petrol and it seems to go a bit too fast too!

Hope to hear from you again soon

 JOY Graham

>I ride a Schwinn "Cruiser."  It has "fat tires," which I think helps with
>balance. The big seat and upright position are comfortable for me. I have
>a good view from this position and it also increases my visibility to
>others.
>
>But the really neat thing is the battery electric propulsion system from
>U.S. Pro Drive (Currie Technologies Inc.). To compensate for Parkinson's
>fatigue, I just flip on the electric drive! With the electric, I have no
>problem keeping up with my 12 year old son on local bike paths. Since I
>can mix pedaling and electric, hills are no problem either. Using the
>combined pedaling and electric, it has a range of at least 20 miles with
>one battery charge.
>
>Recently my Dr. approved my driving motor vehicles again within certain
>limits (and after I complete Driver's Ed). But for most local trips,
>weather allowing, I plan to use my electric Schwinn before an auto.
>
>Charley
>diagnosed PD 1993, 52.

>From:    Joy Graham <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Re: Bicycling and Parkinson's
>
>Has anyone with PD found benefit from cycling?  What sort of bike did you
>find the best?
>
>I would like to hear of your experiences.

Bob & Joy Graham
Ph & Fax (08) 9430 4730