The document that I have in front of me is copyright 1995, so there may be
a newer issue. It is entitled "Hospitalization of a Parkinson Patient, APDA
Educational Supplement No. 5."  It addresses just the issues that are being
raised in this thread.   It, or something similar to it, ought to be
required reading by the institutional staff whether one be going into a
hospital, a nursing home, or another institution.  Possibly it should also
be read by your physician, if (s)he is not also your neurologist.  It is
available at no charge from APDA.  Chances are good that other Parkinson
organizations in the U.S. and around the world have similar documents.

If this document is something that the institution staff should have if and
when you check in, it only stands to reason that you should have a copy of
it to give them.

How about it?  Do you have a copy that you can find quickly should the
occasion arise?

Art