Just had an experience I would like to share. I was in a local hospital for three days. The reason was to correct some urinary problems. Like most of you I have worked  out a Parkinson's medicine schedule  that I follow and gets the results I want. The problem arises when the hospital rules forbid self medication and the hospital orders don't include your medications for Parkinson's and your schedule. If you can't get the staff to change the orders you could be in short term trouble.

Make sure that your admitting doctor has your meds by name, dose and TIME. Or at least during pre-admitting or actual admitting you specify the information and check it.  So that the nursing staff has a heads up. After an operation you are in no condition to negotiate for what you need. For my part I always carry spare meds, but that is a last resort and you might not be able to access them.

Regards, Bill Lawless
[Ergo hoc, ergo propter hoc!] a logical fallacy.