Hi:

I just read a book (I can't remember the author) but he is a Mayo Clinic doctor who has Parkinson's.  He has come to the same conclusion you have.  What he does is to keep himself medicated with Sinemet for only six to eight hours a day.  He calls his off time the daily drug holiday.  He says that this prevents him from having any of the difficult symptoms associated with toxic build up of Sinemet.  So essentially, he chooses to have six hours of symptom free time.  He sets up his schedule to accommodate this.  He wrote the book (very well written) off medication, and uses his hours on to do those tasks he wants to accomplish symptom free.  If you are interested, I can get the title of the book and the author.

Ellen
-----Original Message-----
From: Winnie Carolgray [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Thursday, March 13, 2003 3:20 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Diphasic dyskinesia

I have dyskinesias  (lately at the  end  of the third dose of
 medication.  when this  happens I  try  and   skip my 4:00 pm dose to stop
the dyskinesias.They get so severe  at night that I feel as though I am going
to fall out  of bed. If
I skip that  dose  sometimes I get too stiff and have more
problems with my equilibrium.There seems to be a saturation point where i
have to detoxify.  does this make
sense to anyone out there or am I just rambling?

CAROL GRAY 62/26