Scott, how I can so relate to your feelings. each day I wonder how affected
my activities will be because of PD.  I was diagnosed this year and the
diseases has progressed very quickly.  As a matter of fact, I have totally
lost my ability to type with my right hand so I now rely on the computer to
do the typing for me.the software is not perfect but it works. They say
that the younger you are the quicker the disease progresses. I'm not
comforted in knowing that and struggle to deal with the diagnosis. I am
forty-eight years old and Parkinson's disease has affected my entire life.
I have had to make adjustments in all aspects of my life and I am dealing
with the depression that follows as a result of limited capabilities.  It
is very difficult to get a loved one to understand what impact this disease
has on one's life. But, to answer your question, yes I have many ups and
downs physically and psychologically.  The medication helps but the disease
rules.

Victor

                      Bob Allison
                      <[log in to unmask]>          To:      [log in to unmask]
                      Sent by:                     cc:
                      "Parkinson's                 Subject: Re: disability
                      Information Exchange
                      Network"
                      TORONTO.CA>

                      03/27/2003 09:04 PM
                      Please respond to
                      "Parkinson's
                      Information Exchange
                      Network"

Scott  I have only been dx'd a year and i have my good and bad days
already.
I can only imagine how worse yours are than mine--but definitely dont make
any permanent decisions on those bad days.  I am not on meds yet so I cant
offer any intelligent advice there but perhaps it is time to try "more" or
different mix.  Bob