Sctt - My love had his "on" times and his "off" times.  He just tries to
make the best of his on times and rested during the off times.  I
believe, though, that you will know with a full certainly when it is time
for you to take retirement disability.
I gather that you only lean toward retirement when you've had an
especially bad day, and one bad day here and there shouldn't make you
want to retire.  Besides what would you do with all that time on your
hands (LOL).  Anyway, best wishes in your decision.  I feel it will be
the right one when you finally make up your mind.  Jo Ann