From: Parkinson's Information Exchange Network
Date: Thursday, March 27, 2003 21:00:57
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: disability

Once again as the school year draws to an end, I run out of energy and
start thinking that maybe now is the time to go ahead with a State
Teachers Retirement System disability application. Most days at work
are on and off affairs, with the emphasis on the off. Lots of shaking,
stiff muscles in my neck and back and especially slooooow movement.
Sometimes I can't even double click the mouse to activate a program, so
I have to ask my students to do it for me. Yesterday was really bad
and I was very much ready to do it. Today I felt pretty good so I was
feeling guilty about even considering it. I guess the reason I'm
seriously considering applying is that I find that I spend all my
energy at school and by the time I get hope at 5 or so I've got nothing
left for my own kids and family. Many is the night that Daddy is in
his bedroom, and mom is working on homework with the kids, telling them
to be quiet because Dad doesn't feel well. I'm also thinking that if I
wasn't working I could put off the time when I reach the toxic level of
my sinemet. Currently I'm taking five 25/100's per day. I just had
to increase the dosage by taking a pill at 4 AM so that I can teach
until my 7 AM and 11AM dosage have kicked in. Prior to taking the 4AM
dose I was off until about 2 PM daily.

Anyway, my 13 year old is kicking me off the computer so away I go.
I'm 45 years old and have been diagnosed for 5 or 6 years. Does
anybody else have these same back and forth feelings?

Scott

.