Murray, I hate to differ with you, since I am so very fond
of you, BUT...some of us were given very little choice in
the matter. My employer used my injury on the job (I am a
psychiatric nurse) as an excuse to get rid of me. First my
manageable job working with out-patients was "eliminated,"
and I was transferred to an in-patent position, where I was
assaulted by a psychotic patient. When I was ready to come
back to "light duty," they informed me they had none, and
since even my doctor agreed I could no longer work an eight
hour nursing shift, they had no choice but to let me go,
Hello, Catch-22. All apparently legal, according to the 2
lawyers, Commissioner of Worker's Comp for my state and my
congressman, to whom I complained.(Since royalties from my
writing will not even keep me in groceries, let alone PD
meds, I am taking on online course with the hopes of
employment as a Legal Nurse Consultant.) Sometimes you are
so occupied ambling along the road of life, your sights on
the horizon, plans for your future filling your head, that
you don't see that rock in the road guaranteed to send you
sprawling...
Carole Hercun
56/?38/51