Hello Murray and everyone else.

Gosh it's me that Janet is asking about below!

Some of you may remember that I'm the guy who goes around asking people
with PD -- and other conditions that stem cell research could possibly
cure -- to send us a portrait for the "Portraits of Hope" project.  (I
volunteer for two organizations: "Stem Cell Action Network" and
"Seniors Allied for Biomedical Research".)  We need everyone's help!
For more information, please visit the websites listed below,
especially http://www.sabr.us/portraits.htm

Yes Murray, the impending action of the Canadian Parliament is
appalling.  In the United States, whose political life is dominated by
the religious right, it figures that humane stem cell research could be
throttled.  But why in Canada?  I don't get it.

I think the idea of the petition is a very good one. If you'd like, now
or in the future, to give more thought to the idea (which we discussed
several months ago) of contacting medical school educators and
scientists regarding this issue (e.g. to ask them to sign a
pro-research petition), please let me know.

Best wishes,

Raymond Barglow, Ph.D.