There's been discussion at each of the last three or four
Inkshed conferences (at least) about the advisability of
continuing to mail out blocks of paper as a way of distributing
the Inkshed Newsletter.  At the last conference, it was agreed
among those present that we should try distributing it entirely
electronically.  We did that with 20.1, and we're doing it again
with this one.  But if you, like me, would really prefer to have
a printed version sitting in the pile of stuff to be looked at,
don't despair.  The .pdf version of the current issue is now
available, and all you need to do is click on it and send it to
your local printer.  You can find it at the same place as the
Web-based version, here, on the Inkshed Web site:

     http://www.stu.ca/inkshed/

If (again like me) you like it in a usable, journal-like format,
either print it two-sided (if your printer will do that) or take
the printout and run it through a photocopier, making it two-
sided.  You can staple it at the left margin, and hey presto! a
real newsletter.

I'm presuming that this question will come up again at Hockley
Highlands next month, and I'm certainly prepared to commit St.
Thomas to the photocopying and mailing for people who, for
whatever reasons, can't do this and want a paper copy.

And while I have your attention (if I still do), if you think it
would be a good idea to have a complete run of the Inkshed
Newsletters available on line, could you write me (off list,
unless you think it's of interest to all Inkshedders) and say
why?  I'm organizing to get a grant application together for
scanning and formatting them as a data base.  It's not a trivial
undertaking, in terms of hours of work, and I think it's the
sort of thing it would be good to hire someone to do.

-- Russ
St. Thomas University
http://www.StThomasU.ca/~hunt/