Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2003 11:02:10 -0700
From: "Charles Bazerman" <[log in to unmask]>

The full report is even more interesting than suggested by this
article. This appears to be a major initiative to advance K-12
writing, with large implications for the students you will be
receiving. For those of you with connections with the schools the
initiatives set in motion by this report may provide many
opportunities. Spread the Word. Chuck Bazerman
 From Saturday's New York Times. Full report at
http://www.writingcommission.org/

P.S.,  I'm leaving for Ottawa tom'w, so if you too happen to be heading
there . . . .

Rick