hi all

greg wrote, in part:
> As much as I am glad to read that Ms. Reno
> has finally spoken publicly and personally
> about her disease, I'll save my "hurrahs"...
> When Ms. Reno demonstrates a genuine interest
> in the PD community beyond her immediate
> family, I will gladly join those who are
> singing her praises. Until then, I will
> continue to wonder why a person with such
> a "bully pulpit" from which to speak (her
> celebrity as a former Attorney General)
> has chosen until now to brush off every
> suggestion that she step up to the plate
> and make a real difference in the fight
>to find a cure ...
> PS - I would include in my list of those
> at the front of the line when "hurrah's"
> are in order, the original poster of this
> thread, Janet Paterson. Yowsa! ...

my dear greg

thank you for the hurrah and the yowsa!

over the past several years
i've been trying hard to learn
how not to judge or criticise others
according to my 'perception' or expectations

it's tough
mainly because our society's values
(i.e.our collective and multi-generational
brain-washing aka brain-staining)
are all tangled up in a seemingly endless cycle
of confrontational modes of thought -
'my way or the highway'
'black versus white'
'us and them'

it is important to me to keep trying to learn
how to view others without criticism
because that's the only way that
i am going to learn how to
view myself without
criticism

aka
with compassion

aka
with love

which i richly 'deserve'
as do you
and as do all of us

i've experienced lots of past instances of criticism by
others of me and my actions
(who of us haven't?)
and i sure didn't like it much
(who of us have?)
viz
'who the heck are they to tell me ... ?'

i am now conviced
that we do the best we can
with what we know at the time
with what we have learned so far on our journey

each one of us is unique
with a unique task to solve
or a unique journey to undertake

we are not here to compete with each other

comparisons and competition are odious
viz
no one is 'better' or 'worse' than another
no one is 'better off' or 'worse off' than another

to paraphrase rose lane yet again -
'as novices we think
we are responsible for the way others treat us;
but
we are responsible only for the way we treat others'

aka
'treat others the way we like to be treated'

aka
'love your neighbour (or enemy) as yourself'

the generosity
that i see in janet reno
is the same generosity that i see in you
is the same spirit
which we all
share

much love

janet

janet paterson: an akinetic rigid subtype, albeit primarily perky, parky
pd: 56-41-37 cd: 56-44-43 tel: 613-256-8340 email: [log in to unmask]
my newsletter: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/newvoicenews/
my website: http://www.geocities.com/janet313/