Gerry,
Don't be shy about applying for a scholarship.  I heard a rumor they are getting more scholarship money.  And after all you have done--you are one of the great ones--I'm honored that you included me in that group--I really don't deserve it. You guys who worked from the ground up all through the Udall years made PAN what it is.  There are people who get scholarships who can really pay for it themselves.
I don't know that I can go. I'm going to call the NIH and see if I can work out the dates, and if I can, I'll apply for a scholarship for the hotel and registration.
Good luck in reaching Lupe and the forum.
Charlotte
 Gerry Haines <[log in to unmask]> wrote:Hello again Charlotte,
Thanks for the info., I wasn't sure about the drug, appreciate the correct
report. Half of me wants to go to the Forum, but I can't afford it and I
would have to leave Brig for those days, I don't know if he is up to it. Did
consider applying for a scholarship again, only way I could do it, but
haven't done it yet. The Forum always set me up again with the enthusiasm I
need once a year. I honestly love to see the light in the eyes of the
newcomers, and how they realize there is something they really can do to make
a difference.
It seems like I have been going forever, since the beginning when there were
25 people in a snack room at the hotel, and look it now, thanks to Joan
Samuelson.
I do miss the people, met a lot of really great ones there, including you.
If I can work something out, I will let you know asap.
Gerry