Hi!
    One simple thing we can do to be able to sleep is doing some regular
exercise.  Go to bed at a regular time, so the body will get used to it.
Don't keep a TV in your bedroom.  Bedroom is just for sleeping.  Also do
some meditation before going to bed.  Meditation need not be some heavy
religious stuff.  Simply relax.  What I do is mentally count on the reverse
starting from 1000.  I would mentally count 1000 about 20 times using my
ten fingers agakin mentally without moving the fnger, and then 999 about 20
times, etc., going on the reverse.  Before I reach 980 or so I would be
sleeping or close to it.  But, still there are some days I cannot sleep till
3 AM.  But, now a days that is very rare.
    Since I had problems with sleep apnea, I have stopepd taking any
sleeping pills.
    Raj