Hi!
    When I use to take melatonin for sleeping, I use to have vivid dreams
often accompanied with sexual arousal (testosterone production?!?).
Besides, some research on melatonin suggests that this might even help PD
symptoms and also inhibit growth of prostate cancer cells.  However, I
stopped taking melatonin recently for fear of it causing sleep apnea.  But,
still I do not know what caused sleep apnea.  It could be because I used
three or four pillows when I slept, since it felt comfortabe for my shoulder
pain, which could have caused blocking of air passage thus causing sleep
apnea symptoms.   Now a days, I have stopped melatonin and got used to only
two rather flat pilllows to sleep on.  I do not have any problem with sleep
apnea.  Since, I do not have an sleeping  problem now a days,  I am not
inclined to find out the real cause of my sleep apnea.
    Even a mild form of exercise helps me sleep well now a days.
    I would not mind hearing your experience with melatonin.
    Raj