I know that KUMed did an actual study on acupuncture and PD, but I can't seem
to find it.  The upshot was that while acupuncture did really help peoples
attitudes and they thought they felt much better, it didn't help enough to
change med schedules and the like.  Remember - THESE WERE NEUROLOGISTS!!
Take it with a grain of salt.  Tons of us here in Kansas City see
acupuncturists and I have at least 2 people who have in fact, reduced their
meds.  Good luck, Meg