i'm 51 yrs old, dxed about  13 yrs ago and also the mother of two very
active teens. my daughter is 15 and my son is 13. they have never known
me any other way than as a pwp. i started sinemet when my son was nine
months old and had to stop breastfeeding him. thankfully, when i started
in on the graveyard shift (as my husband calls it); no sleep at night
and laying out in a near catatonic state for most of the day, i had a
compassionate doc. i told him that this sleep deprivation was killing me
and that i was not able to be the kind of mom that i wanted to be. he
asked me if i thought sleeping aids would help and i said that anything
would be better than living in this zombie-like state. so we started
experimenting with sleeping pills.  at first i thought it might be a bad
idea. most of the pills didn't allow me to dream my own dreams (which is
very important to me),they would knock me out for 7 hrs-sure, but then i
awoke w/ a drug hangover which was worse than the zombie mode. finally,
he tried me on ambien. halleluia! now every evening around 7 pm, i take
a 350 mg. of carisoprodol (a muscle relaxer/generic soma) and then at
bedtime a 5mg ambien. i know that i am addicted to these drugs just as i
am addicted to sinement, mirapex and clonazepam, but i fall asleep for
7-8 hrs of restful sleep with my very own dreams and wake up refreshed
and with ony the norrmal, minor cobwebs to shake out in the am. i feel
rested and clear headed and able to cope with the coming day with almost
everything it has to throw my way. while i'm not suggesting to anyone to
get hooked on yet another drug (my mom won't even take a tylenol for a
headache). i'm saying that this has been my solution to that dilemia and
i wouldn't go back to the days of not sleeping for anything. if and when
a cure comes, i'll worry about detox.

--
Joan E. Blessington Snyder       50/11
http://www.pwnkle.com/jes/jes_web/index.htm