I have had PD for several years but diagnosed 2 1/2 years ago.  I too, have
a lot of trouble sleeping and I take no meds except for 5mg of Selegiline
once a day in the morning.  Without intervention, I go to bed about 2AM toss
all night and finally fall asleep between 4-6AM and get up about 8-9AM.

My neurologist strongly believes that a good
nights sleep is important and is very supportive in recommending and
prescribing whatever works for me to facilitate that good nights rest.  I
find that one thing works for a while and then becomes increasingly
ineffective, I switch to something else, then that too tampers off and then
go on to some thing else. Then back to the first one again.

An alternative medicine aid that worked incredibly well for me was Pineal
gland.  It is the gland that produces melatonin and when it is not working
optimally you have trouble sleeping.  Pineal Concentrate by "Progressive
Laboratories" 2 capsules 3X per day.  One bottle sometimes does the trick
but I usually end up taking two bottles (90 capsules per bottle).
Discontinue after that.  If it works, it should last a season before you
need to jump start with another bottle.  It probably is time for me to do
this again.

1 50 mg trazadone (this is not expensive) at bedtime + 2 Benadryl worked
really well for a while.

Now, for a short season, I am taking one 350 mg Carisprodol at bedtime. For
me, it works incredibly well.

I also take 2 MyoCalm PM, a Metagenics product that has more magnesium than
calcium plus some other stuff. Magnesium is very good for muscles.

I have not used any of the official prescription meds because they are more
expensive.

My two cents worth,  Phyllis