I echo Roberta's comments re: meds and sleep problems.

I did have some interrupted and short sleep nights for several years prior to
diagnosis.  (I also had a full time job, 4 teens, and a cross country move
during the first years of being symptomatic......it took 8 years to get a
diagnosis from first neurology visit).

However, my first drug was Eldepryl.....and then added Cabergoline (cabasar)
for 44 months and then Mirapex after cabergoline trial ended.   During this
almost 5 years....I NEVER slept more than 3 hours per night....I stopped
Mirapex because of "sleep attacks during the day"......and Eldepryl was
eliminated shortly thereafter......although I still have some short night (5
or 6 hours) and some interrupted sleep   (sleep 4 hours, up two hours and
back to sleep for 3 hours)....this routine is WONDERFUL in comparison to my
drug induced insomnia!!!!!!

I have been on Sinemet for 11 years.......have no regular dyskinesia from
Sinemet yet.....and TRULY ENJOY whatever sleep I do get at night.

Do not blame all of your symptoms on PD.....but ask your neurologist to
juggle, tweak, or reduce some of your meds at times and see if you eliminate
any symptoms.   I do not have the energy that I had on Mirapex and
Cabergoline and Eldepryl (plus Sinemet).....but I do enjoy sleep, have MUCH
less edema in left leg, have regained the ability to remember phone
numbers...and eliminated the compulsive shopping behaviors..........all
without conscious effort.  (The biggest negative is that I gained 30
lbs.!!!!).  Oh well....

Rita Weeks, age 58 dx age 45, symptomatic age 35.