Date sent:              Sun, 6 Apr 2003 23:11:00 -0700
Send reply to:          Parkinson's Information Exchange Network
From:                   Phyllis <[log in to unmask]>
Subject:                Pineal Gland
To:                     [log in to unmask]

> Progressive Laboratories, Inc.
> 1701 W. Walnut Hill Lane
> Irving, Texas 75038-7962
> (972)518-9660 | (800)527-9512
>
>       Product Name: PINEAL CONCENTRATE #759      $22.50 (I think)
>       Product ID#: 759 Category: Gland & Organ Support Formulas
>       (Pineal)

> Glandular Concentrate Capsule
> Progressive Labs. Each capsule contains:
> Bone Concentrate (porcine)---------100 mg.
> Flaxseed Meal--------------------------------20 mg.
> Pineal Concentrate (bovine)-------------7 mg.
> Pituitary Concentrate (bovine)----------3 mg.
> Other ingredients: gelatin, silica, magnesium stearate. The glandular
> concentrates used in this product are prepared by a special process
> which does not exceed physiological temperature (37°C). Guaranteed to
> be free of chemical pesticides and synthetic hormones.

Pure quackery.  Any substance which contains protein (which the
pineal and pituitary extracts are) is *digested* when taken orally.
Just like a piece of steak.

Any medications which are protein-based must be injected or
administered in other ways than orally in order to be effective.

Best,

Bob

Robert A. Fink, M. D., F.A.C.S., P. C.
2500 Milvia Street  Suite 222
Berkeley, California  94704-2636
Telephone:  510-849-2555   FAX:  510-849-2557
WWW:  http://www.rafink.com/

mailto:[log in to unmask]

"Ex Tristitia Virtus"