I am a male, Nigerian (West Africa) and 36years of age. I came across the
site in my search for some appreciation of my predicament.  You will
appreciate my position if you come to terms with the fact that medical
research (and consequently, medicine) is not yet advanced in my part of the
world and diagnosing PD in a young man may be asking for too much.

I have been experiencing this strange symptoms (except the tremor), i.e,
difficulty with movement, handwriting, slowness with initiating movement and
especially poor balance and unstable working and have been enduring now for
about 5 years largely for lack of the luxury of ideal medical care.  Just 4
days ago, I was able to get a Physician to agree that I may be experiencing
Parkinson's symptoms.  He is still conducting checks and tests (which are
crude if you ask me) like x-ray, blood tests, urine and just yesterday ECG.
I am yet to see him after the ECG.

Now I am eager to see a neurologist and start some form of medication, but
these experts are not easy to come by here and when you do, they are not in
tune with latest developments.  It is a priviledge here to have internet
access and our libraries contain very old stuff, etc, etc.  Somebody even
told me that I may be more current than my Doctor and believe me, I am
probing the net.  So much that I know within these few days that even though
PD is not curable as yet, it could be managed.  I also gather that Levodopa
is the PD drug.  When combined with Carbidopa (Sinemet), it reduces the long
term side effects.

I can afford the drugs but my Doctor seems to be taking his time and I am
fast loosing my balance.  Please I need your advise.

Thank you,