Greetings to all,
It's been a long time since I've posted to this list. I stop in every day and
night to visit, on several occasions. Thank you for the opportunity to
re-introduce myself. Now more than ever, I'd like to have a sense of
connection here, since much of my days and nights, like yours, is focused on
the vision we each have, for a cure to be found as quickly as possible.

Five years ago, after four years of visiting doctors and being told there was
nothing wrong, you're just depressed, my sister and best friend, Fran Landes,
was diagnosed with Parkinson's in her mid-forties. And so it began.

In December 1999, Take Charge! Cure Parkinson's, Inc., (TCCP) was
incorporated. A few people have posted about the 2-part radio show, the first
day was April 11, World Parkinson's Disease Day and the 2nd part of the radio
program is Wednesday April 16, 10:30 to 11:00 a.m. in South Florida and heard
world-wide via the Internet at www.WNNHealthTalkRadio.com. Click on
LISTEN-LIVE.

We would like to involve as many of you as possible to get your message, in
your words, out to the general public.  Morton Kondracke,author, journalist,
co-host of Fox TV Beltway Boys, Lonnie Ali, wife of Muhammad Ali, former
Attorney General Janet Reno, and Dr. Diane Murphy's voices and perspectives
are on the program via telephone interviews. Their names are a draw to the
general public, who in many instances, do not know the realities of
Parkinson's.

We have another opportunity on Wednesday, to get our message out there,
through people like Bill Harrington, 47, diagnosed at 29, poet, who together
with Lillian Dyck, 68, diagnosed at 49, artist, created the art-poetry
exhibit, "With Parkinson's, Don't Order the Soup."  Many of you know Bill as
[log in to unmask] (bill harrington).

Tom Berdine, president of Young Onset Parkinson's Association (YOPA), 36
years old, diagnosed at 33, also joins us via a telephone interview. YOPA is
partnering with  us in bringing this exhibit nationwide and we're delighted
that Tom is joining us via telephone interview. There is an application form
at www.cureparkinsons.org if you are interested in hosting the exhibit in
your community. Details are on the web site at www.cureparkinsons.org.

Day one of the radio program was a good show. Let's make Wednesday even
better.

Tom Berdine, Linda Herman, Susan Miller, Greg Wasson, and Paula Wittekind
have posted notices about the program. People on the listserve are vocal,
articulate and experts about Parkinson's.  We will have time to read 2 or 3
comments on the air and will post may others along with photographs that
people send in via attachment  which we will scan.

THere are so many people on this list who write well and who can make an
impact with 250 carefully selected words that we can read and post on the web
site.  We'd like to receive any such comments by Tuesday evening so we can
read them on the air.  Looking forward to receiving your comments. If you
think a particular person could and should write something for this purpose,
encourage them or nominate them to do so.  We're eagerly awaiting your input.

Sincerely,
Alison Landes
Founder/ Chair
Take Charge! Cure Parkinson's, Inc.