hi all

on 2003/04/15 paula wrote, in part:
> many organizations sell items and
> don't post their financial records
> when doing so ...

in general, as i understand it,
as ex treasurer of a lioness club for 5 years in bermuda,
any charity org is obligated to declare annually
all sources of income, from fundraising and others,
all administrative expenses and
all monies expended on their 'good works',
as permitted via their license, or charter,
or whatever gov't permission

> fellow pwp, we are in this together ...
> you are a valuable member of this
> community ... but selling awareness pins
> just doesn't conjure up a picture of a
> wolf in sheep's clothing to me ...

i've been trailed by a pack of cyber wolves for 7 years
so i may be hyper vigilant
but experience has proved the vigilance justified

however, that being said,
my question of tom was simply a question,
certainly not based on a suspicion

> unfortunately, it only takes a one scam
> to make it harder for everyone else.
> but tactfulness is needed when
> requesting details of an organization's
> fundraising - it may only take one
> misunderstood comment to cause an
> inaccurate impression ...

i'm sorry you seem to have seen
a lack of tact in my query ...
certainly not intended by me
and apparently not perceived as such by tom

> i've had financial difficulties too ...
> think i know where you are coming from
> but we aren't all coming from the
> same place at the same time ...

perception is as perception does ...

you see 'tactless'
where i see 'direct' - just the facts, sir!

you see 'financial problems'
where i see none - just the facts, maam!

> peace ... and glad to see you back
> around here.

ditto and ditto!

janet

janet paterson: an akinetic rigid subtype, albeit primarily perky, parky
prolific pd webforum poster, former pienet listserv owner, now pd author
pd: 56-41-37 cd: 56-44-43 tel: 613-256-8340 email: [log in to unmask]
my newsletter: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/newvoicenews/
my website: http://www.geocities.com/janet313/