Date sent:              Wed, 16 Apr 2003 15:41:01 -0500
Send reply to:          Parkinson's Information Exchange Network
From:                   Malinda Maynor <[log in to unmask]>
Subject:                glyconutrients?
To:                     [log in to unmask]

> Hi,
>
> Does anyone with PD have experience with taking glyconutrient
> supplements? If so, do you find that they help? Are they expensive? Do
> you have any recommendations for companies?
>
> Thanks,
> Malinda Maynor

There is no scientific evidence that "glyconutrients" are of any
value in the treatment of PD or any other disease for that matter.
Their value lies in the financial benefits to the sellers.  I have
been approached several times by "Mannatech" (one of the principal
purveyors of this stuff) to use such in my practice.  Not for the
benefit of my patients, but rather as a financial investment.

Caveat emptor.

Best,

Bob

Robert A. Fink, M. D., F.A.C.S., P. C.
2500 Milvia Street  Suite 222
Berkeley, California  94704-2636
Telephone:  510-849-2555   FAX:  510-849-2557
WWW:  http://www.rafink.com/

mailto:[log in to unmask]

"Ex Tristitia Virtus"