Hi!

    Nobody knows why.  One can only assume that the weeker side is affected
first.  In fact it is one of the characeristics of PD.  We all know that one
half of our body is weaker than the other.
    A Good test:
        Take a photograph of your face, cut that into two equal halves right
through the centre,  right and left.                  Make a mirror images
of both halves.
        Now put the two right side halfs to form a face and do the same
thing with the two left halves.
        You will definitely see the difference in both these faces!
        If you have PD, the difference will be quite phenomenal, probably
due to the 'facial mask' phenomenon, which is caused by some of the facil
nerves being affected by PD.

    Come to think of it, I am glad only one side is affected to begin with.
        Raj