George,

I have to disagree on the dominant side theory.  I have long been grateful
that my LEFT side is most severely affected. I am right handed, and,
although my handwriting has deteriorated significantly, most other tasks
seem to be relatively unaffected.  Typing is generally poor and slow as
well,  mostly I think, because the left hand does not support the right.
Additionally, I have no tremor.

Curiously, I find piano playing is relatively un-affected, but the phrases
that had been committed to memory are mostly gone. I think much of it was
"motor memory", maintained in the muscles of my forearms. That looks kind
of goofy in print, but that's how it feels.  I had not played for several
years, but tried it a few months ago and was very pleasantly rewarded.

Nancy K. Porter