for days now the name JOE BRUMAN, in my way big (for me) black scribble
with about 50 circles  around it, has been staring back at me from the
notepad where i leave largly inelegibile notes and phone numbers and
things that must be done tomorrow. i usually can cross off something (if
i can ever read it after having written it!) by transfering it to a
typed sheet where the information belongs or by finally accomplishing
that task...but what to do about Joe Bruman?? and what to say?? i knew
him only thru his writings here on this listserv and our occasional but
always one-sided headbutting, you see, i know to pick my battles and i
soon learned that Joe was brilliant and always right. even if i was
right...Joe was more correct-hands down! so how could i ever hope to
write an epitath for this amazing, avant-guard, luminous and quirky
gentleman? thank you, Linda Herman (you never fail, do you girlfriend??)
for finding and printing  such a wonderful, complete and no-holds barred
love song written by someone infinitely more qualified and so very much
deserved to this much admired and hugely missed man. thank you, also,
Murray for your rememberances of him. i am in awe of the life he lived
and the style with which he lived it.

-
Joan E. Blessington Snyder       50/11
http://www.pwnkle.com/jes/jes_web/index.htm
"Hang tough...........no way through it but to do it."
Chris-in-the-Morning   (Northern Exposure)